SD Harvey Short Story Award Guidelines
Download an entry form for the SD Harvey Short Story Award
The word for 2013 is 'ECHO'. The word must appear in the title, and within the story.
- Entries are open to new and established writers.
- Entry fee of $15 to cover postage and handling.
- Stories must be a maximum of 4000 words.
- The title of the short story must include a particular word (a signature) decided upon each year by the judges. This word and its representation must be seen in the story, and appear in the title.
- A short list will be published at the start of August, and short listed writers will be notified.
- An edited version of the winning entry will be published in The Sydney Morning Herald.
- The winning short story will be published in Scribe's short story anthology, New Australian Stories 3.
- The winner will presented with their awards at the Melbourne Writers festival, on the evening of the Ned Kelly Awards ceremony, the date of which is published in the Melbourne Writers Festival Program Guide, prior to the Festival.
Send entries, together with the entry form to:
- Three hard copies of the story must be attached to the entry form which must be signed and posted to the address below. It is imperative you send a clear email contact.
- All submissions must be received by May 31st 2013.
- Submissions after this date will not be accepted.
- The authors name should remain OFF the manuscript, appearing on the cover sheet, along with contact details.
- The decision of the judges will be final.
- No correspondence will be entered into.
- Entries will not be returned.
- Copyright belongs to the individual writer.
- Shortlist will be drawn and published two weeks prior to the Ned Kelly awards. Winners will be informed shortly afterwards.
Ned Kelly SD Harvey Short Story Awards
PO Box 3162,
Prahran East 3181